Thursday, January 9, 2020

Raking Light from Ashes by Relli Robinson BOOK REVIEW


Find light in the darkest hour
Lala, a young Jewish girl, loses her entire family during the dark days of the Holocaust in the Warsaw Ghetto. Thanks to the kindness of a Polish family, Lala manages to survive the war, taking on an assumed identity.

 By a twist of good fortune and unbelievable coincidence, she is found after the war and eventually immigrates to Israel in 1950 to live with her Israeli relatives.

A child’s struggle to comprehend a world gone mad
Relli Robinson’s true story of survival offers a fascinating panoramic human drama that extends from the dark days of the Second World War to the independent State of Israel.

 A gripping and inspiringly optimistic narrative based on real life experiences, you'll enjoy every page of this fascinating journey of hope.


MY REVIEW:

Hello, readers!

I received the book, "Raking Light from Ashes" by Relli Robinson to review on my blog.

I've read many books about different Holocaust survivors in the past. I am always amazed and sadden by the amounts of struggles and abuse they had to go through. A very dark time in history.

This book is a true story about a young Jewish girl named Lala. Her entire family was killed during the Holocaust. She survives through the war and all the struggles around her. Eventually, she immigrates with to Israel to live with the remaining members of her family after the war.  

The author, Relli Robinson did an excellent job with capturing the pain and sadness within this book. This book is definitely worth a read for people that are curious about a child's point of view of the Holocaust and the war.


This was truly a remarkable book!

I highly recommend it!

If you are interested in this book,check out the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W9M3L66


Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment