Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mary Lambert latest album "Heart on My Sleeve" Review



 
Rating: 3 out 5

 I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.   

You may already know Mary from her vocals on Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" or perhaps you've heard her new hit song "Secrets" which is climbing pop charts now.

                              
This album is known as a "Pop Album with a Conscience." Heart On My Sleeve is an honest depiction of where Lambert is now. This album is about her share of hurdles, heartbreak, and harsh lessons in life. We have all went through these in life, which makes this album relatable.

Lambert also spells out her mission on the album’s first single, “Secrets,” which is to encourage vulnerability. Set to a buoyant pop melody and hand-claps, Lambert sings: "They tell us from the time we're young / To hide the things we don't like about ourselves / Inside ourselves / I'm not the only one / Who spent so long attempting to be someone else / Well I’m over it / I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are."


                                                       

I usually don't listen to think type of music. I am a hardcore fan of JPop, Kpop, Classical and older Rock N' Roll music. I did love her cover version of the classic Rick Springfield's song, "Jessie's Girl.” It is a slower more heartfelt version of the song. Other than that, I wasn't really too fond of the cd,  I did not think the songs were catchy and this is a cd I would not listen to twice. The lyrics are well written,and meaningful, unlike most of the music that are out today. I give this cd a 3 out of 5 rating. I do recommend this cd for fans of Macklemore and modern day American pop music.


Here are the list of tracks for the 11 track cd:

01 Secrets 
02 So Far Away
03 Ribcage
04 Dear One (poem)
05 When You Sleep
05 Chasing the Moon
07 Jessie's Girl
08 Monochromatic
09 Heart On My Sleeve
10 Wounded Animal
11 Sum of Our Parts


 * Official Mary Lambert Website – www.marylambertsings.com  
* Twitter – @marylambertsing 
The album will be in-stores on October 14, 2014.


You can pre-order this album on iTunes and Amazon

* iTunes:    http://bit.ly/MaryHeart






 If you want to know more/follow Mary Lambert, check out the links below:
* Official Mary Lambert Website – www.marylambertsings.com  
* Twitter – @marylambertsing 




4 comments:

  1. Great review! I like your blog very much!
    I follow you:) Hope you'll follow me back ;)
    ---> firogma.blogspot.com
    also it'd be nice if you like me on facebook :) I just clicked like on yours ^^
    ---> Firogma Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for stopping by! I checked out your fb and blog! <3

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about Mary yet but definitely wanna check it out <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an average cd. Its definitely not the type of music I listen to though. LOL. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! ^_^

      Delete